8.21.2008

You know that moment...

There has been a lot of wedding progress since I last posted. Scott and I went over to M&Ds (Mom and Dad's) and went over our wedding plans. Now, I can't speak for Scott, though I can usually gauge it pretty well, but I was preparing for the worst. I was expecting them not to like my ideas, not to let me explain my side and not to understand where I was coming from. That wasn't the case (for the most part!) Our visit (yes, the four of us actually all sat down together, which should read: "Dad sat down and gave his opinion too," so that when I read this months from now, I will still believe it!) went very well!

After I showed my mom my Book of Inspiration, which is awesome! All the dresses, flowers, centerpieces... ahhh. She loved it. The colors are a definite go. Everytime I look at them together, I am more confident. Anyways, she and I reviewed all my ideas, then we went to work at setting the wedding day plan. Things got a little rough here, but only because I of course have this perfectly laid out plan of what I think my wedding day will be. She laughed at me. But it's okay. She loves me and knows that I am like this, so I am sure she expected it.

After awhile, my dad came in and he and Scott joined our conversation. We talked about everything, from where the preacher sits and the reception, where to put the memory candle and are you going to have a rose? What time we should all gather at the church, what time to ceremony is going to start, are you going to have a limo? How much time between the ceremony and reception there will be, what color dress my mom will where, are you having a DJ? STOP! Haha, I just casually want to mention that this is where Scott and my Dad had a conversation that made me laugh. But in the end, we are getting a DJ, that my parents' are taking care of. Yay! Not something we were going to spend the money on. Anyways, as I have already said, it went so well.

The guestlist is officially finalized. AND, since those invitations that I just loved turned out to be an obscene $1500, NO joke, for paper, I felt like I was at square one. Well, that was until last night! I was out with my great friend Teri and we found some that are so perfect for what I want, AND its going to be less than $100 for all the invites and response cards. Oh, and favor boxes. For $100. Total. HAHA! When you get my invite, look this back up so you can relive how freakin' excited I am about this.

So back to last night. That was the moment I knew I could do this. Have a budget wedding and still make it look gorgeous. Have a budget wedding, but still have the elements that reflect me and Scott. It was an amazing moment. Thanks Teri!

And, you know that moment that you feel after you have been struggling with a lot of things and then you finally feel a tinge of relief? I had the moment, too. And I feel good. I feel like one (or a few) brick from the wall of stress has been removed.

Thanks, God!

No comments: