9.02.2008

A beautiful wedding and Target.

So, I know what I will be doing on Thursday. I will be going across the country to find the missing pieces to my black and white paisley collection from Target. I still need favor boxes and hopefully save the dates. What perplexes me the most is that I cannot purchase these items online! It's very frustrating! And I really need to find the save the dates by next month!

I attended my friend Jessica's wedding this past Sunday. She and I have known each other since 9th grade. Her wedding was beautiful and I enjoyed it very much! It also gave me a chance to pay attention to details and happenings at the wedding. This was the last wedding I will be attending until my own, so I had to pay attention! (Although I cannot wait to hear about and see pictures from my other friend from high school, Ashlee's, wedding).

Some things I noticed were how Jessica and Jesse acted around each other. They seemed comfortable, which is important. They were themselves, it seemed. The first thing that they did after entering the reception was sat down at their Sweetheart Table for a few minutes and took some pictures, but they almost immediately got up and started talking to all their guests, table by table. I thought that was smart, that way you have mingled with everyone before things get too distracting and before the early-goers leave. I also thought it was cool how they would introduce each other to the guests and tell a little bit about how they know them. I don't think that we will have to do much of that at our reception, since it's mostly family and mutual friends... Hmm...

In lieu of favors, there were the cutest cupcakes at each place setting with a fondant bee on the top and it was sitting on a pretty pink coaster that had "meant to bee" stamped on it. It was precious!


Two of my favorite elements that Jessica had
in her wedding are two that I had planned on incorporating in my own, so it was nice to see them laid out. First, she had a big autograph frame placed on the guestbook table for her guests to sign. I did notice first hand that people were unsure and almost afraid to sign it when it was blank! There were several of us standing around it at the time and people were chatting about it, but no one wanted to the first. So, I went ahead and signed it so people wouldn't feel like they were the first. I want to make a note of this so I have someone in my party sign mine so that people don't hesitate!

Secondly, she had a "wishing well" of sorts, where people write down best wishes or memories for the bride and groom on a card and place them in a well (or vase). The was something I warned to do because I want to scrapbook the cards. I haven't exactly figured out how I am going to execute this, but I loved seeing Jessica's table!



I feel like I am at a point where I can't do anymore. It's a little over 6 months away, and I have done a lot of big things, but it's too early to do small things. I am meeting with a possible photographer on Saturday, and I pray that that goes well because it fits very well into the way money has been budgeted, and I am afraid if it doesn't, I will suddenly have a big problem! It's a little overwhelming because I have so many things still on my list but I can't cross them off for awhile!

And then there's the honeymoon...

1 comment:

JP said...

That is exciting! It will be great.