8.05.2008

I know what's on your mind...

So, yeah, I am always thinking about it.

Are my colors right? How do I really feel about the dress thing? Am I going to go for it and wear yellow shoes too? Is that me? Rather, is that the real me on Wedding Day, or just the "big talk" me who likes to idea but at the last second is going to pull her classic white heels out of her Wedding Day bag that she swore she didn't pack...?

What are we going to end up spending? Can we afford to have the elements I want? When I say that I really don't care...do I really care? Is it possible that we are 8 months out with hardly anything confirmed and soon it will be 6 months...and then 3 months?

Am I going to be happy with my pictures? Am I really going to have time to be a nazi about all the photos I want? Am I going to be thinking the entire time... "I wish there would be a picture of this..." "I wish I had taken more photos of me and Scott..." "Damn, I just thought of an adorable pose for me and the bridesmaids, but it's all ready 9pm..." Am I going to go through all my photos when I get back from my honeymoon and be depressed?

What happens when it's over? Am I going to wish it went differently? Am I going to look back and think, it was absolutely wonderful...or that it was okay.

Should I be collecting addresses now? Should I feel bad for not getting the save the dates that she made up for me over months of talking about it, but I just can't spend that much, don't want to spend that much? Is it smart to being DIM (doing it myself) on so many elements?

Is Teri right? It will all work out and I will be happy with everything because I am marrying the man of my dreams and that's all that matters? If so, why don't we just elope?


On the other hand, MOH and I were in Party City today and they had the cutest Bachelorette party items. Ahh.. it will be fun I suppose. I am sure that I am not the only bride to be who feels this way, maybe the only one who will admit it. I get sooo excited sometimes, with the planning and the dreaming...walking down in a gorgeous dress to meet Scott at the alter where we will be joined in matrimony forever and spend the rest of my life as his wife. But other times I just think, this is a lot of stress for a party.

2 comments:

JP said...

For what it's worth Krystal, you should definitely get the photographs you want because quite frankly, those are the most important things that you'll want to remember (after the most important day of your life, of course ;). Honestly, you want great pictures, because that's what you deserve...so research poses and ideas that you like, and make sure you get professional photographs and candids from friends, because those are the things that will speak to you later. Everything else will fall into place...it's your day to begin the rest of your life officially with Scott (lucky guy)...I am happy for yall. Everything will work out right, but get good photographs! :)

JP said...

And what the crap am I talking about?! I just remembered looking at all of your scrapbooks, why was the photography even a question to begin with?! Ha...get what you want!

Sorry, from a photographer's standpoint, I just think it's so important and photography is more than just pictures. If my home were to catch fire and burn to the ground, I'd run for my computer and boxes of photographs. No lie!