10.23.2008

5 Months and counting...

So I had a fabulous weekend last weekend with my cousin Heidi in town. I got to show her all the progress I have made on the wedding plans and get her input on stuff.

It was a successful shopping trip with Mom on Friday. After visiting 3 Goodwills, buying 2 containers we aren't going to use, changing my mind completely, a quick visit to Walmart Foodmart for a bag of lemons, and several minutes of deciding, we bought the materials needed for my centerpieces! Oh, and did I mention I had no idea how many tables we were buying for until 20 minutes before I swiped my card? Crazy, I know! But that's not all...

When trying to assemble a mock centerpiece at home, our new plan sank. Haha, that's a pun, because actually, what ruined our plan was the fact that lemons FLOAT. I wanted to float candles above a vase full of lemons. Well, that did not work! We will figure something out I suppose!!!

Saturday brought excitement with the BIG reveal of my gown to my Mom, cousin and mom's best friend. Heather (MOH) learned how to put me in it! :-) It was an exciting moment, it was very well received! I am so excited to be a bride!

There are so many things to do... I am feeling the stress! I just wish it was here! I wish everything was finished and purchased and ready to go! But I have so many things to look forward to: my shower, my surprise-filled bachelorette party, my rehearsal party with all my family, and of course MY WEDDING! And my honeymoon... to the beach, Hubs!

No comments: